[Air-L] New positions at Swinburne Design

Ken Friedman KenFriedman at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Tue Jan 4 03:16:57 PST 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The Faculty of Design at Swinburne University of Technology is adding
several new positions this year to meet the needs of a growing student
body and our increasing research intensity. We are now adding a position
in our digital media area that may be of interest to readers of this
list.

At Swinburne University of Technology, we focus on design as thought
and action for solving problems and imagining new futures. We emphasize
strategic design to create value through innovative products and
services.

Creativity, critical inquiry, and ethics guide the Swinburne philosophy
of respectful design. We value understanding, empathy, and appreciation
for people, for nature, and for the world we shape through design. Our
designers, researchers, and graduates serve business, industry, and the
public sector. We base our actions and choices on sustainability
principles for positive social and economic outcomes.

We emphasize rigorous research for effective results in today’s
challenging design profession. All new appointments to the academic
staff have a PhD degree. Teaching, creative practice, and research are
the foundation of robust professional education. We expect senior staff
to have a strong research profile, and we expect junior staff to
demonstrate the potential for innovative research. Our emphasis
published research enables us to share what we do with Australia and
with the world.

We describe our faculty culture as: equitable, respectful, creative,
innovative, resilient, vibrant, and inspired. We state our focus in four
words: “Design respectfully, grow responsibly.”

For more information on the positions, please go to this URL.

http://swinburne.nga.net.au/cp/cp_frame_set.cfm?

Click the red link for _Academic_ positions:

Senior Lecturer / Associate Professor - Digital Media Design --
application deadline 21-Jan-2011
Academic level C / D, $88,725 - $117,548 Plus 175 Superannuation
See Position Description 28624

To learn more about Swinburne Design, visit our Web page:

http://www.swin.edu.au/design/

If one of these positions meets your interests and your skills, we hope
to hear from you.

Professor Ken Friedman, PhD, DSc (hc), FDRS
Dean, Faculty of Design
Swinburne University of Technology
Melbourne, Australia

email: kenfriedman at groupwise.swin.edu.au

Phone Dean's Office +61 3 9214 6078
Phone Faculty Switchboard +61 3 9214 6755