[Air-L] Using Algorithms to Aid Content Analysis

Eric P. S. Baumer ericpsb at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 4 13:06:41 PST 2011

Two more (admittedly rather late) additions:

Conway, M. (2006). The Subjective Precision of Computers: a
Methodological Comparison with Human Coding in Content Analysis.
Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, 83(1), 186-200.

Matthes, J., & Kohring, M. (2008). The Content Analysis of Media Frames:
Toward Improving Reliability and Validity. Journal of Communication,
58(2), 258-279. doi:10.1111/j.1460-2466.2008.00384.x

~Eric