[Air-L] CFH: examples of 'digital city'?

jin shang j.shang.ebox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:54:56 PST 2011

Thanks everybody for your kindly help! Your messages are all very useful.
I'm currently doing a research on the 'ecological system' of 'digital city'.
If any of you're interested let's keep in touch. Thanks.

Regards,
Jin

--------------------------------------
Hi, Jin.
In Argentina, you can visit the "San Luis Digital" project site:
http://www.sanluisdigital.edu.ar/sldasp/index.asp (english version)

Bests,

Alejandro Tortolini
Science & Tech Journalist - Teacher

--------------------------------------
Hi Jin,

The Portuguese digital cities program was extremely interesting and a little
bit different from the rest of the digital cities projects. You can check my
article "Are digital cities intelligent? The Portuguese case", *International
Journal of Innovation and Regional Development * (IJIRD), Vol. 1, Nº 4, pp.
443-463, where you find examples and other bibliography on the subject.

Take care,

Bárbara Barbosa Neves
Research Fellow
Centre for Public Administration & Policies
CAPP-ISCSP, Technical University of Lisbon
Rua Professor Almerindo Lessa,
1300-663 Lisboa
Portugal

Visiting Scholar,
NetLab, University of Toronto
IMK, University of Oslo

www.bbneves.com

--------------------------------------
Some I'd come across

New to me, on Teeside, is One NorthEast's Digital City

http://www.onenortheast.co.uk/page/environment/digitalcity.cfm

Long established is (originally a project of Virginia Tech) Blacksburg
(Virginia) Electronic Village - Jeremy Hunsinger has had a lot and long term
involvement ...

http://www.designnine.com/news/content/blacksburg-electronic-village-most-wired-town-america
http://www.bev.net/index.php

I see Paris has claimed to be a digital city
http://www.items-int.com/spip.php?rubrique75

Sophia Antipolis http://www.sophia-antipolis.org/GB/index3.htm possibly,
though arguably largely a technology / business park

Hope that helps

Dominic

Having successfully completed Walk Like a Pirate with a few piractical
companions http://tinyurl.com/22uaypo you can see progress on the
construction of the Pirates' new fully accessible broadbeam boat at
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=251686&id=715896645&l=10824e28bd

There's still time to help see at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/zorro

http://www.virtualhelsinki.net/english/index.html
http://www.wdc2012helsinki.fi/en/digital-helsinki

Not sure if these are what you're looking for.

Regards,
Yefeng