[Air-L] Virtual memorials in online-games SURVEY, please pass on!

Anna Haverinen aehaverinen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 03:29:18 PST 2011

Greetings all!

I am a PhD student from the University of Turku, Digital culture, and in my
thesis I am researching bereavement, reminiscing, memorials and memorial
services in online environments. Currently I am conducting my fieldwork in
Second Life and will continue the research in World of Warcraft later this
spring.

I am looking for people who have created, joined or otherwise participated
in virtual mourning phenomenas, such as memorials in online-games, virtual
memorial websites, memorials in social media (e.g. Facebook), blogged as a
form of memorial, lighted virtual candles in someones honor etc.

Please join my research by participating in my survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RC6WBFB

If you want to be contacted for further questions, please fill out your
e-mail in the survey form. Also, please pass this information on to anyone
interested. More about me and my research you find from my blog:
http://bittiavaruuteen.wordpress.com/in-english/

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Anna Haverinen
Doctoral student
Digital Culture
School of Cultural Production and Landscape Studies
University of Turku/University Consortium of Pori, Finland
+358 45 6308830
http://fi.linkedin.com/in/annahaverinen
anna.haverinen at utu.fi