[Air-L] ISOC Statement on Egypt’s Internet shutdown

Sari angyjoe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 20:26:09 PST 2011

Nice wishes from the west of the world! But…

One subtle thing the world can learn from this is that democracy is about
confronting, confronting all those incurable diseases with whatever you have
in your artillery. In all western democracies, the present practice allows
few influential lobbyists to make all the decisions of the state, whereas
the rest of the people are just "consumers". Even if participating
personally in political affairs is not possible when population is big, the
present practice still deserves some big yell!

/Sari