[Air-L] Egypt: The First Internet Revolt?

Jay Hauben hauben at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 1 16:43:27 PDT 2011

Hi,

People interested in the role of netizens in the recent events in
Egypt might be interested in the article, "Netizens in Egypt and the
Republic of Tahrir Square" written in March 2011 and online at:

http://blogs.taz.de/netizenblog/2011/03/16/netizens_egypt_tahrir_square/

This article traces some of the history of online activities which
contributed to the strength of the revolt that Xiaolin Zhuo, Justine
Yu and Barry Wellman analyze.

The references in this article are helpful in more fully understanding
the relatively long time that netizens have been active in Egypt.

Take care.

Jay