[Air-L] Antw: Re: Inclusion of short links in academic publications?

Jodi Schneider jschneider at pobox.com
Tue Jul 26 06:47:31 PDT 2011

Please, do not use shortened links in academic publications: this removes so
much valuable information.

To help your reader, provide an online copy of your bibliography (and track
clicks from there if you must) -- both of the Web and non-Web materials.

AOIR should speak out loudly *against* so-called "citation formats" such as
MLA's which do not require a URL for native web formats.

When dealing with shortened URLs that have broken -- or if you want to
contribute to the archiving effort, check the Archive Team's project on
shortened URLs:
http://urlte.am

-Jodi