[Air-L] voice recognition software for interview transcription?

Shannon M. Oltmann soltmann at indiana.edu
Fri Jun 24 13:33:20 PDT 2011

As a fellow doctoral student, I can relate to the limited budget! I've
had good results using VoiceWalker, a free software (see
http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/projects/transcription/tools.html).
Without affecting your original recording, it will loop an audio file
(i.e., playing 12 seconds three times), so you don't have to pause,
rewind, etc. I've found it very helpful, for what it's worth.

-Shannon