[Air-L] FB groups as method & parental consent

Montathar Faraon montathar.faraon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 10:50:03 PDT 2011

Hello Rena,

Although I haven't dealt specifically with Facebook groups I have come
across articles that deal with this issue. I recommend that you take a look
at the following articles:

Valenzuela, S., Park, N., & Kee, F. K. (2009). Is there social capital in a
social network site?: Facebook use and college students' life satisfaction,
trust, and participation. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 14,
875-901.

Juliana, F., Magda, G., Kevin, W. B., & Jeffrey, C. N. (2010). The writing
on the wall: A content analysis of college students' Facebook groups for the
2008 presidential election. Mass Communication and Society, 13, 653-675.

Kind regards,
Montathar