[Air-L] Research refs about anger and bullying in digital space?

Monica Murero murero.monica at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 05:32:36 PDT 2011

> I am interested to know whether anyone can suggest any literature that measures or evaluates negative emotion – especially anger – in the digital space, and/or bullying behaviour.

Hi Susan,
Pubblications and reports on bullying in digital space and other "negative" aspects involving children, adults etc. online , plus other intesting resources are available in:

Livingstone, S., Haddon, L., Görzig, A., and Ólafsson, K. (2011). Risks and safety on the internet: The perspective of European children. Full Findings. LSE, London: EU Kids Online. (survey in 22 EU countries) . Report available at:
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/media@lse/research/EUKidsOnline/EUKidsII%20(2009-11)/EUKidsOnlineIIReports/D4FullFindings.pdf

de Haan, J. and Livingstone, S. (2009) Policy and research recommendations. London: LSE, EU Kids Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/24387/)

Hasebrink, U., Livingstone, S., Haddon, L. and Ólafsson, K. (eds) (2009) Comparing children's online opportunities and risks across Europe: Cross-national comparisons for EU Kids Online (2nd edn). London: LSE, EU Kids Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/24368/)

Livingstone, S. and Haddon, L. (2009) EU Kids Online: Final report. London: LSE, EU Kids Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/24372/)

Livingstone, S. and Haddon, L. (eds) (2009) Kids online: Opportunities and risks for children. Bristol: The Policy Press.

Livingstone, S. and Tsatsou, P. (2009) Guest editors for special issue, ‘European children go online: issues, findings and policy matters', Journal of Children and Media, 3(4).

Lobe, B., Livingstone, S. and Haddon, L., with others (2007) Researching children's experiences online across countries: Issues and problems in methodology. London: LSE, EU Kids Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/2856/)

Lobe, B., Livingstone, S., Ólafsson, K. and Simões, J.A. (eds) (2008) Best practice research guide: How to research children and online technologies in comparative perspective. London: LSE, EU Kids Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/21658/)

Staksrud, E., Livingstone, S., Haddon, L. and Ólafsson, K. (2009) What do we know about children's use of online technologies? A report on data availability and research gaps in Europe (2nd edn). London: LSE, EU Kids Online (http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/24367/)

Stald, G. and Haddon, L. (eds) (2008) Cross-cultural contexts of research: Factors influencing the study of children and the internet in Europe (national reports also available at www.eukidsonline.net)

Tsaliki, L. and Haddon, L. (eds) (2010) EU Kids Online, special issue. International Journal of Media and Cultural Politics, 6(1).

Interested in the Aoir Election's forum?
http://aoir.org/2011/05/13/monica-murero-candidate-for-vice-president/

Monica Murero
Vice-Presidency Candidate, Aoir

------------

Monica Murero , Ph.D.
AoIR Exec, 2003-2009; AoIR Treasurer, 2005-2009
AoIR Honorific Lifetime Member

Director E-Life International Institute
Associate Professor in Politics of e-Government
and in Sociology of New Technology
University Federico II, Italy
Consultant, World Health Organization
LinkedIN: http://it.linkedin.com/pub/monica-murero-ph-d/16/52/606
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/monica_murero  or @monica_murero
E-MAIL murero.monica at gmail.com
WEBSITE: www.elifeinternational.org

  and welcoming Barry Wellman's invitation...Recent Academic Work (Books and Presentations):

Murero M., (dec 2010) Digital Literacy: Introduction to Social Media. Libreria universitaria.it. Milano, Italy.

Murero M., (forthcoming, 2011). Social Media: Theory and Praxis. Carocci, Italy.

Murero M. (2011). Web Empowerment For The Cultural Heritage Organizations: Towards A Pragmatic Framework, chapter in Katz J.E., LaBar W., and Lynch E., (2011) Creativity and technology: social media, mobiles & museums, MuseumsEtc. Book's preview: http://museumsetc.com/products/technology-and-creativity

Murero M. (Sept. 2011) Alice gets sick in Facebookland. Paper to be presented at the international conference Medicine 2.0, University of Stanford, USA.

Murero M. (Sept. 2011). Alice in Social Media Land: Privacy, Security and Geo-Surveillance in Tomorrow’s Internet-Saturated Society. Paper to be presented at The Symposium A Decade in Internet Time. Oxford Internet Institute, Oxford University, UK.