[Air-L] disability and accessibility online

Jonathan Sterne, Dr. jonathan.sterne at mcgill.ca
Sun Jun 26 17:56:02 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some good critical scholarship on accessibility online for people with disabilities.  There is a huge body of media criticism of film, tv and literature, but I've found very little in the way of critical studies of the web that come at it from an access point of view.  The small body of work I've found is more like to focus on, e.g, blogs by disabled people as alternative media activism, which is great, but I'm looking more for something like Pullin's Design Meets Disability for the internet or other new media.

Thanks.  Suggestions offlist are welcome too, plus you'll get a Haiku poem in return.

--Jonathan