[Air-L] Open Commission Life Online

Woolley Tom Tom.Woolley at NationalMediaMuseum.org.uk
Mon Jun 20 07:58:14 PDT 2011

Hi Aoirs,

The National Media Museum in Bradford, UK, has just announced a new open commission for the upcoming Life Online gallery and I thought you might be interested:

---

National Media Museum Open Commission: Call for Entries

The National Media Museum in partnership with FutureEverything has announced a £10,000 open commission for a new, groundbreaking artwork to premiere at the launch of Life Online, the world's first gallery to explore the social, technological, and cultural impact of the internet and the web.

Life Online opens in the National Media Museum in March 2012. This commission will produce one of the inaugural exhibits in a programme of special exhibitions focusing on the key issues surrounding the internet and web, and their impact on our everyday lives. The first exhibition is titled [Open Source].

The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 27th July and interviews will be held in Bradford on Wednesday 24th August.

The Life Online exhibition [open source] will open in a brand new custom-built gallery on the Museum's 7th floor. The content will explore the open source culture of sharing and collaboration on the internet and web, while exploring threats to net neutrality that could signify the end of the internet as we currently know it.

http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/lifeonlinecommission <http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk/lifeonlinecommission>

---

We'd love to hear from you if you're interested in applying - and if not please share the link with anyone you know who may be.

Many thanks for your help,

Tom

Tom Woolley

Curator of New Media

National Media Museum, Bradford, UK

Tel: 01274 203 349

www.nationalmediamuseum.org.uk

Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediamuseumevents/>   Twitter <http://twitter.com/mediamuseum>   Blog <http://nationalmediamuseum.blogspot.com/>   YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/nationalmediamuseum>   Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bradford-United-Kingdom/National-Media-Museum/15378965550>

We aim to be the best museum in the world for inspiring people to learn about, engage with and create media.

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the National Museum of Science & Industry. This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.