[Air-L] Digital Culture CFP deadline today!

Kate O'Riordan K.ORiordan at sussex.ac.uk
Mon Jun 6 02:31:37 PDT 2011

Digital Culture: Innovative practices and critical theories.
ECREA Digital Culture & Communication 3rd workshop Barcelona, Spain, November 24-25, 2011

CALL FOR PAPERS:

This workshop seeks to explore innovative perspectives on digital culture and in the study of digital culture. Our concern is to focus on developing forms of theorizing, critiquing, understanding and researching digital culture, forms and practice. Our intention is to contribute to emerging work responding (1) to 'new' new media technologies, and (2) to respond to developments in media research on technology and innovation.

We invite contributions of different theoretical and empirical approaches, but suggest proposals for papers may fall into three main areas. Each relates to theories, practices and methodologies of innovation. They are:

1) Digital Media and the senses. This may include work on or related to enhanced reality, locative media and virtual worlds.
2) Creative practices and participation in new media. Here we are particularly concerned with discussing concepts of participation, co-creativity, co-design or co-innovation in creative processes involving audiences and independent creators in a wide spectrum of activities including art, photography, video, videogames.
3) Digital research and education in digital culture.This would seek to explore innovative theoretical and methodological approaches in digital media studies as well as innovative teaching tools.

Please submit an extended abstract (500 words max.) by the 6th of June
2011 (and clearly stating which topic section you would like to submit this to) to: ecreadigitalculture at gmail.com

The workshop papers are submitted to a peer-review process.
The reviewing process will finish the 7 of July.
The workshop fee is 80 Euro, it includes participants documentation and coffee breaks.

For more information:

http://digitalcultureandcommunication.blogspot.com/

and

http://www.uoc.edu/symposia/workshop_ecrea2011/index_eng.html