[Air-L] Semantic technologies and Education

Klobucar, Philip A. Philip.Klobucar at njit.edu
Tue Mar 1 18:48:21 PST 2011

Dear listserv,

A recent panel I was on at the Writing Across Borders conference in Fairfax, VA discussed varying levels of confidence among writing professors in automated scoring technologies. I have been working consistently in my field (Digital Humanities) over the past year, looking at advances in natural-language processing and their effect on writing curricula. Different software developers alert me from time to time to their projects in semantic technology and AI, wondering how such work may be used in education and writing.

So... My request: As this field begins to mature, I'm wondering what kind of collections or archives already exist regarding semantic or language processing technology and education. My index so far seems quite minor. Is anyone on this list analyzing these developments?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Klobucar

Assistant Professor

Communication and Media