[Air-L] [deadline extended] Call for Papers - Special Issue on Agent Technology in Cyberspace, Journal of Internet Technology (SCI-E)

Maiga Chang maiga at ms2.hinet.net
Tue Mar 1 20:55:46 PST 2011

[deadline extended but an one-page abstract is needed by March 21, 2011]

Manuscript submission deadline has been extended to April 14, 2011,
however, you have to submit an one-page abstract by March 21, 2011
to indicate your intention in sending complete manuscript by April 14.

[Apologies if you receive multiple times, please circulate this to
  your colleagues who might be interested, thank you so much.]

----- SI on Agent Technology in Cyberspace Call for Papers ---------

Journal of Internet Technology (SCI-E)
Special Issue on Agent Technology in Cyberspace
(http://jit.ndhu.edu.tw/callforpaper/CFP_S_I_on_Agent_Technology_in_Cyberspace.pdf)

Theme and Scope

Many agents now exist in our life, searching agents help us find resources which we are interesting in and/or feel useful to
ourselves; backup agents help us backup important data and documents daily, weekly, or monthly; spam-filter agents help us block
malicious pop-up windows when we are surfing on the Internet; anti-virus agents secure our computers and data from worms, virus, and
other on-purposed attacks; and learning companion agents and virtual tutor agents help us in lifelong learning process. This special
issue is going to recruit those researches regarding using software agents, intelligent agents, and multi-agent systems to assist
users in cyberspace, e.g. Internet, mobile networks, and virtual worlds include chat rooms, discussion forums, web conferencing
software, computer games and video games. This special issue will be attractive to both Intelligent Systems and Computational
Engineering researchers, more than that, this issue can be very
interesting to ordinary people to know how agent technology could affect our lives in the future. The trend of using agents is
becoming more discernable and we can foresee that agents exist in multidiscipline and various application areas..

Guest Editors (in alphabet order):

Maiga Chang, Athabasca University, Canada
Fuhua (Oscar) Lin, Athabasca University, Canada
Timothy K. Shih – National Central University, Taiwan

Suggested topics:

All papers related to agent technology in cyberspace are welcome. This special issue is going to provide a forum for researchers,
practitioners and users of agent technology to exchange ideas, to share experiences and requirements, and to lay the foundations for
agent technology in cyberspace research area. We cordially invite presenters to submit manuscript for any application domain as long
as the core of the manuscript belongs to:

- Practical experiences in using and applying agents
- Successful cases (best practices)
- Not-so-successful cases and the lessons learnt
- Mature agent applications, tools and/or systems
- Evaluation models for agents
- Software agents in cyberspace
- Intelligent agents in cyberspace
- Multi-agent systems (conceptual/practical)

Instructions for Manuscripts:

This special issue aims to foster state-of-the-art research in the agent technology in cyberspace. Authors are invited to submit
manuscripts reporting original unpublished research and recent developments. Manuscripts should be written in English and strictly
follow the guideline of the Journal of Internet Technology at http://jit.ndhu.edu.tw/preparation2.php. The covering letter should
indicate the names of the authors and their affiliations, addresses, faxes, and e-mails. Prospective authors should submit one-page
abstracts with MS Word format, .doc, electronically by e-mail to Guest Editor, Dr. Maiga Chang, at maiga.chang at gmail.com by March
21, 2011 to indicate your interest in sending full manuscripts by April 14, 2011.

Important dates:

One-page Abstract Due: March 21, 2011 (needed to be submitted to
indicate your intention of submitting a complete manuscript by
April 14, 2011)

Manuscript Due: April 14, 2011 (extended)
Notification of Acceptance/Revision/Rejection: May 31, 2011
Revised Manuscript Due: June 30, 2011
Final Manuscript Due: July 31, 2011
Tentative Publication Date: November 31, 2011

For queries, you may contact Dr. Maiga Chang (maiga.chang at gmail.com)