[Air-L] JITP 2011 - Early Registration for One More Week - Save $50 if you are coming to Seattle May 16 & 17

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:51:56 PDT 2011

JITP 2011 "The Future of Computational Social Science" will be held May 16 &
17, 2011 at the University of Washington.

http://www.umass.edu/jitp/

The early-bird registration deadline is March 20, 2011. After March 20, the
fees go up $50.

Students: $50
Others: $75

Click here to register now:
https://quikpayasp.com/umass/commerce_manager/payer.do?orderType=POLSCI

In addition to a keynote by Jaime Teevan of Microsoft Research, two featured
panels, free tutorials, and a variety of posters, this conference will focus
discussions around extended presentations on:

"Researching Real-world Web Use with Roxy, A Research Proxy"
"Tradeoffs in Accuracy and Efficiency in Supervised Learning Methods"
"An Automated Snowball Census of the Political Web"
"Facilitating Encounters with Political Difference: Engaging Voters with the
Living Voters Guide"
"InfoExtractor – A Tool for Social Media Data Mining"
"Politics 2.0 with Facebook – Collecting and Analyzing Public Comments on
Facebook for Studying Political Discourses"
"News Media Environment, Selective Perception, and the Survival of
Preference Diversity within Communication Networks"
"Ethical Considerations: Social Media as Computational Social Science"

The goal is to produce a special issue of JITP via a combination of multiple
peer review rounds and a thorough discussion with an all-in-one-room
interdisciplinary group. We are very excited to do this on the UW campus
this year, as we know the campus is home to some of the leading thinkers in
this space.

On behalf of the JITP community, I hope to see you in Seattle in May.

~Stu

--
Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Assistant Professor

http://people.umass.edu/stu/
stu at polsci.umass.edu
413-545-5375

Editor, Journal of Information Technology and Politics
http://www.jitp.net

Director, QDAP-UMass
http://www.umass.edu/qdap/

Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government
http://www.umass.edu/digitalcenter/