[Air-L] scope conditions

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Mar 14 06:17:38 PDT 2011

I've encountered 1 or 2 items on this -- and some in the past -- that
request course reading, but don't give scope conditions. What university?
What discipline? What course? What's the ability and experience level of
the students? What is their quantitative or qualitative analysis
background?

It's hard to suggest readings -- books or articles -- without such basic
information.

In at least one case, I couldn't even tell the counry from which the
requester was writing.

Yours in GiGo,
  Barry Wellman