[Air-L] Language ideologies & new media

Aoife.Lenihan Aoife.Lenihan at ul.ie
Wed Mar 16 02:25:33 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

For my Ph.D. research on language policy and new media, I am looking at
the Facebook translations app and the language policy processes going on
in this language community. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any
studies out there published or in progress on language ideologies and
the new media domain, particularly those in relation to minority
languages. Given that this is still a 'new' and emerging field of
research my reading to date has mostly been on language ideologies and
for want of a better term the 'traditional' media, so I'd like to find
out who else is out there doing this research in new media! I'd also
like to chat to anyone else undertaking new media sociolinguistics in
general and am contactable at the email below.

Many thanks & best wishes,

Aoife Lenihan

Aoife.Lenihan at ul.ie