[Air-L] digital society instead of info soc?

Charles Ess charles.ess at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 06:19:33 PDT 2011

great questions, and i'll be eager to see responses - but can't resist
commenting on:

On 3/19/11 12:36 PM, "Petr Lupac" <petr.lupac at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or is it just using the new, theoretically disembedded term so
> they can defend themselves by broad scope of interpretation possibilities?

Both as a cynic (in the popular sense) and something of a philosopher - is
there such a thing as a theoretically disembedded term?
I'm not trying to be snide here - but just genuinely curious.

Thanks!
- charles ess
Institut for Informations- og Medievidenskab
Helsingforsgade 14
8200 Aarhus N.
Denmark
mail: <imvce at hum.au.dk>
tel: (+45) 8942 9250

Professor, Philosophy and Religion
Drury University, Springfield, Missouri 65802 USA

Exemplary persons seek harmony, not sameness. -- Analects 13.23