[Air-L] book on participatory culture

Mirko Tobias Schaefer M.T.Schaefer at uu.nl
Sun Mar 20 15:58:41 PDT 2011

Dear all,

a couple of weeks ago Amsterdam University Press released my book
'Bastard Culture! How User Participation Transforms Cultural
Production'. It is an updated and expanded version of my 2008
dissertation and includes a new chapter on the discourse on 'social
media'. My aim in this project has been to deconstruct the ideological
connotation of participation and to offer a pragmatic view on technology
and media practices in digital culture.

The book is published under creative commons and is also available for
free download:
http://mtschaefer.net/entry/bastard-culture-how-user-participation-transforms-cultural-production/

Comments and critical feedback are very welcome,

mirko

Mirko Tobias Schäfer | Assistant Professor for New Media & Digital Culture |
Department for Media and Culture Studies | Faculty of Humanities |
Utrecht University | MCW | Muntstraat 2a | 3512 EV Utrecht |
Visitors address: KNG 20, room 2.13a |
T: +31-644620751 | M: m.t.schaefer at uu.nl | W: www.mtschaefer.net