[Air-L] semantic technology and education

Jeremy hunsinger jeremy at tmttlt.com
Wed Mar 2 16:23:30 PST 2011

It has been almost 7 years since I've tried to write software in this
area and somewhat succeeded, but I still follow it loosely.  There is
no unified source of material but I think there is really a space for
one.  there are several archives here and there with papers that apply
to the topic and I keep receiving calls for papers on this topic.
granted i was and am less interested in plagiarism than I am in
conceptual relations and constructions of meaning, but i think it is
worth pursuing.  You might want to look into the field of
computational linguistics, i've found it fruitful in the past and
there are several leading research centers in that area worth
engaging. A quick scan of NSF proposals will turn your onto some
really fascinating work.    I wish you luck, i've just started to take
up LISP for some of these issues, and I'd love to hear about progress
you've made.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Klobucar, Philip A.
<Philip.Klobucar at njit.edu> wrote:
> Dear listserv,
>
> A recent panel I was on at the Writing Across Borders conference in Fairfax, VA discussed varying levels of confidence among writing professors in automated scoring technologies. I have been working consistently in my field (Digital Humanities) over the past year, looking at advances in natural-language processing and their effect on writing curricula. Different software developers alert me from time to time to their projects in semantic technology and AI, wondering how such work may be used in education and writing.
>
> So... My request: As this field begins to mature, I'm wondering what kind of collections or archives already exist regarding semantic or language processing technology and education. My index so far seems quite minor. Is anyone on this list analyzing these developments?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew Klobucar
>

> Assistant Professor
>
> Communication and Media
> Department of Humanities
> New Jersey Institute of Technology

jeremy hunsinger
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech
www.tmttlt.com

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\                        - against microsoft attachments
http://www.stswiki.org/  sts wiki
http://transdisciplinarystudies.tmttlt.com/  Transdisciplinary
Studies:the book series

I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn
how to do it.
-Pablo Picasso