[Air-L] Seeking info about famous internet people *not* from North America

Carmel L. Vaisman carmelv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 13:42:08 PST 2011

Hi Sue, a few Israeli net celebs come to mind:

Yossi Vardi is kind of our Bill Gates, father of many startups, but the most
famous of them is his son's startup, Mirabillis (ICQ). Not many ppl know
today that instant messaging was invented by a few Israeli boys and then
sold to AOL. they're still a myth here.

Ehud Tenenbaum is our Kevin Mittnick, the hacker nicknamed the Analyzer who
broke into the Pentagon, NASA computers and many more, last decade. I think
he works for the people he breached now after serving his sentence:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehud_Tenenbaum

Kutiman is a local musician and artist that became world famous for his
YouTube mixing project: http://thru-you.com/#/intro/,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kutiman

I dunno if meme stars count as famous internet people, but we have Tasha and
Adi who started the "hey" lip-sync meme in 2005:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_CSo1gOd48 and if memes count you'll find
many meme stars outside North America. "Juan Mann" from the free hugs
campaign of 2006 is Australian, for instance.

Good Luck!

Carmel Vaisman
http://www.absolutecarmel.com
Twitter @carmelva