[Air-L] e-books

rafael alarcon tractatus91 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 06:30:18 PST 2011

Just a reminder, maybe this discussion is forgetting that most of the worlds population do not have access even to printed books, countries were an a I-pad, or any other device like that is just a wanting, a desire in capitalist consumption society. Even when this debate pose an interesteing issue related with books prices, it seems to me that it still focus on first world countries.

Mexican students in public universities, just an example I know, do not have access to new material (except the first tier institutes such as ColMex, FLACSO, CIDE, etc.), and private consumption through amazon or such, it is a privilegue of some few.

Rafael Alarcon
Autonomous University of Puebla-Mexico