[Air-L] digital society instead of info soc?

rafael alarcon tractatus91 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 20 10:10:43 PDT 2011

Just a reminder,

Castells himself as said that "information society" is a misleading term, he has insisted on the term "network society", which I think is closer to a conceptualization of a "digital society", taking into consideration that without digital media, network society is practically not possible. And let me get this clear, I am not defending all that Castells says.

Rafael Alarcon
Autonomous University of Puebla-Mexico