[Air-L] My little piece for the Handbook

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 9 06:22:43 PST 2011

Is on my website now in really ugly HTML and PDFing of a doc.
"Studying Internet Studies Through the Ages".
You're welcome to download.
And when the pretty printed version arrives at my door, we will scan and
post to the extent feasible. (Ain't gonna rip the book up.)

I caution that my piece is dated November 2008. The book was supposed to
be out in 2009, but no fault of the editors, it had some troubles and got
delayed.

My huge thanks to Mia and Charles who have perservered.

Looking forward to more discussion on this list of actual research that
people are doing . One good start would be to post at the end of your post
your most recent article and ongoing project.

OK, I'll start:
Mostly hibernating finishing Networked, with wonderful coauthor Lee
Rainie.
Leading NAVEL project of interdisciplinary transcontinental scholarly
teams across Canada. First ppt just presneted, but need cleaning.
Leasing "Closenss is a Many Splendored Thing" - on varieties of social
closenss. Ibid re ppt.

And so it goes...
  Barry Wellman