[Air-L] book announcement

Jeneen Naji jeneen.naji2 at mail.dcu.ie
Wed Mar 9 02:33:56 PST 2011

Well actually this pricing reminds me of the costing of a book from lambert
academic publishing, a german publisher, who has of late sending out alot of
e-mails to post grad students and academics.

With Lambert the book appears on Amazon but as it is only printed when
someone orders the book the price is incredibly high. Authors get very small
royalty fee for each book sold but seeing as the price is so high this is
unlikely as most will not buy the book.

But I noted this book we are discussing is from Wiley and Blackwell,
publishers we know well. Perhaps have they switched their business model to
one such as this? It is the only explanation I can come to for such a high
price.
- Jeneen Naji

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [Air-L] book announcementDate:
Tue, 08 Mar 2011 15:40:37 -0500From: Nathaniel Poor
<natpoor at gmail.com>To: Charles
Ess <charles.ess at gmail.com>CC: Air list <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>

Charles-

The Amazon link you sent lists the book at $US 200 (well ok $199.95
and then a discount, but $200).

Is that accurate?

I know that's the hardcover, but if that's the price how is anyone
going to buy it?

Even the Kindle edition is $150.

-Nat.