[Air-L] Narrative analysis of social networks

Cornelius Puschmann cornelius.puschmann at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Mar 8 04:49:39 PST 2011

Hi Sara,

while it's not specifically related to CMC, I can recommend the work of Alex
Georgakoupoulu, i.e.:
http://www.benjamins.com/cgi-bin/t_bookview.cgi?bookid=SiN%208

Best,

Cornelius

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Sara Buggy <sarabuggy85 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some
> references regarding narrative analysis of CMC? I'm doing PhD research on
> Irish young adults' identity construction and performance on social network
> sites, and am utilising a multidisciplinary methodology that includes this
> approach. However, my grounding in linguistics is limited, and I would very
> much appreciate it if anyone had any recommendations for texts in this
> area.
> To date, I have been reading more general texts, but if you are aware of
> anything CMC-specific, it would be very gratefully received.
>
> Kind regards,
> Sara Buggy
>
> sara.buggy at ul.ie

Dr. Cornelius Puschmann, M.A.

Department for English Language and Linguistics
Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf
Building 23.11, Level 1, Room 21
Universitätsstrasse 1
40225 Düsseldorf
Germany

+49 211 81 15927 (office)

Nachwuchsforschergruppe "Wissenschaft und Internet" /
Junior Researchers Group "Science and the Internet"
http://nfgwin.uni-duesseldorf.de