[Air-L] CJC Issue:Democratizing Communication Policy in the Americas

lshade at alcor.concordia.ca lshade at alcor.concordia.ca
Fri May 6 07:22:32 PDT 2011

Colleagues, fyi and apologies for any cross/duplicate postings.
leslie

Leslie Regan Shade
Associate Professor
Concordia Univ., Dept. of Communication Studies

**********
Canadian Journal of Communication
Vol 36, No 1 (2011)
Democratizing Communication Policy in the Americas: Why It Matters
http://www.cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/issue/current/showToc

Editorial
Democratizing Communication Policy in the Americas: Why It Matters
Roberta G. Lentz, Leslie Regan Shade

Articles:
Interpreting Privacy on Campus: The Freedom of Information and Personal
Privacy Act and Ontario Universities
Martin R. Dowding

Canadian Copyright: History, Change, and Potential
Sara Bannerman

>From Pirates to Partners: The Legalization of Community Radio in Uruguay
Evan Light

Peering Ahead: An Examination of Peer-to-Peer Signal-Sharing Communities
that Create Their Own Affordable Internet Access
Gwen Shaffer

Metaphors for Democratic Communication Spaces: How Developers of Local
Wireless Networks Frame Technology and Urban Space
Alison Powell

The Institutional Development of Indigenous Broadband Infrastructure in
Canada and the U.S.: Two Paths to "Digital Self-Determination"
Rob McMahon

Research in Brief:
The Media Communications Environment through a Spatial Lens: The Mapping
the Media in the Americas Project
Chantal Hansen, Heng Sun, Nigel Waters

>From Media Niche to Policy Spotlight: Mapping Community-Media Policy
Change in Latin America
Arne Hintz

Democratizing Communication Policy in Canada: A Social Movement Perspective
Robert A. Hackett, Steve Anderson

Commentary:
Making Media Public: From Discussion to Action?
Nicole S. Cohen, Sonja Macdonald, Patricia Mazepa, David Skinner

Sex, Money, Media: A Tribute and Political Reflection
Catherine Murray, Alison Beale

Book Reviews:
Making Our Media: Global Initiatives Toward a Democratic Public Sphere,
Vol. 1: Creating New Communication Spaces
Elizabeth Miller

Making Our Media: Global Initiatives Toward a Democratic Public Sphere.
Vol. 2: National and Global Movements for Democratic Communication
Paula Chakravartty

Communications Research in Action: Scholar-Activist Collaborations for a
Democratic Public Sphere
Milton Mueller