[Air-L] AoIR Executive Officer Positions, Candidate Statements

Alex Halavais alex at halavais.net
Fri May 13 14:32:15 PDT 2011

Hello, everyone,

I've just posted the statements by candidates for the position of VP
of AoIR (who becomes president after two years of service of VP), and
for Student Representative. The links appear below. Catherine and
Michael have agreed to serve another term, and are running unopposed
for the positions of secretary and treasurer, respectively.

I strongly encourage you to ask questions of these candidates, and
openly discuss their plans for the present and future of the
organization. The statements alone are rarely enough to judge the ways
in which they will lead AoIR. A vibrant discussion is not just good
for the election, it's good for the health of the organization, and a
good way for those of us who are not running to know what is on the
mind of the membership.

I encourage you to leave questions or comments on the candidates
statements on the website, or if you would prefer, to post them here
to AIR-L. In the latter case, I will attempt to do a bit of copy-pasty
back over to the website so we have an easily found record.

I'll be posting the candidates for the open seats shortly.

And the officer candidates are...

VICE-PRESIDENT
Ted Coopman - http://aoir.org/2011/05/13/ted-m-coopman-candidate-for-vice-president/
Lori Kendall - http://aoir.org/2011/05/13/lori-kendall-candidate-for-vice-president/