[Air-L] copyright and YouTube

Dan L. Burk dburk at uci.edu
Sat May 7 06:53:58 PDT 2011

This simply says that if you post material to Youtube, you represent that
you have the right to do so, and you give Youtube permission to store and
transmit it.

I don't think that leads to the conclusion you draw below.  I'm also not
sure how it is relevant to your research concerns.

Also, most of the replies you have been getting reference U.S. law.  If
your dissertation is to be published in Finland, you will need to consult
Finnish data protection law and/or copyright law.  You should not assume
that Finland follows the U.S. model in either area (it almost certainly
doesn't, and some of the answers you have been getting are dubious even
under U.S. law).

DLB