[Air-L] I Read Where I Am -- Exporing New Information Cultures

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Tue May 17 07:58:30 PDT 2011

http://www.valiz.nl/en/IReadWhereIAm

I Read Where I Am contains visionary texts about the future of reading
and the status of the word. We read anytime and anywhere. We read of
screens, we read out on the streets, we read in the office but less
and less we read a book at home on the couch. We are, or are becoming,
a different type of reader. The question remains which shape will it
take and what experience does one want? To answer all these (and
other) questions we have asked people from different backgrounds,
subject to the aforementioned changes, to think about these issues.
I Read Where I Am collects 82 diverse observations, inspirations and
critical notes by journalists, designers, researchers, politicians,
philosophers and many others.