[Air-L] Suggestions for SPSS training

Rhiannon Bury rcbury at rogers.com
Wed May 18 15:19:49 PDT 2011

Hi folks

I was given the Andy Field textbook when I took an entry level SPSS course
offered at the larger university in my city. I'm sure it is a great book but I
couldn't make any sense of it, having no background in quantitative methods or
statistics. I ended up hiring a consultant to assist me with my quantitative
analysis.

If you live near or study at/work for a large research-intensive university,
they should offer training. Also many private software training companies will
offer courses in SPSS for industry and business purposes.

Rhiannon

Rhiannon Bury, PhD
Associate Professor
Women's and Gender Studies
Athabasca University, Canada's Open University
rbury at athabascau.ca