[Air-L] Twitter Data Sharing Update - Thou Shalt Not Share Collections of Tweets

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Thu May 5 07:25:59 PDT 2011

It appears the Twitter API doesn't care if you're selling or giving it away, as I.4.a prohibits any attempt to "sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, or syndicate access to the Twitter API or Twitter Content to any third party without prior written approval from Twitter", as well as noting that "Exporting Twitter Content to a datastore as a service or other cloud based service, however, is not permitted"

http://dev.twitter.com/pages/api_terms

I'm not justifying their terms, but it does appear that you violated them.

-mz

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org