[Air-L] Suggestions for SPSS training

katie vizenor kvizenor at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:29:52 PDT 2011

Hi.

I am entering the research/analyst job market and realize that I need to
improve my SPSS skills. I took a graduate level stats class with an SPSS
component, but it was not very thorough or practical. Since most of my work
is qualitative, I have not had a great need for this software.

Could anyone provide suggestions for SPSS training, either online or
in-person classroom training in the DC metropolitan area (I live in Northern
Virginia).

Really, I just need practical software training.

Or, if anyone knows how best to go about gaining this skill. I have found
that many jobs want proficiency in SPSS, but the only real way to become
super proficient in the software is through a job. A catch-22. Also, there
seems to be a range of meanings in terms of what "proficiency" means.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

All my best,

Katie Vizenor, MLS, MA
Doctoral Candidate, Anthropology, University at Buffalo