[Air-L] Suggestions for SPSS training

Nadia Dresscher-Lambertus ndresscher at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:24:10 PDT 2011

Hi Katie,

I don't know of any online training. What helped me in my own work and made
it fun is a book I read that made it so simple:
Andy Field's Discovering Statistics Using SPSS

http://www.amazon.com/Discovering-Statistics-Introducing-Statistical-Method/dp/1847879071/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305750084&sr=8-1

<http://www.amazon.com/Discovering-Statistics-Introducing-Statistical-Method/dp/1847879071/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305750084&sr=8-1>It
made all extra courses irrelevant!

Just a golden tip!

Kind regards,

Nadia Dresscher

2011/5/18 katie vizenor <kvizenor at gmail.com>

> Hi.
>
> I am entering the research/analyst job market and realize that I need to
> improve my SPSS skills. I took a graduate level stats class with an SPSS
> component, but it was not very thorough or practical. Since most of my work
> is qualitative, I have not had a great need for this software.
>
> Could anyone provide suggestions for SPSS training, either online or
> in-person classroom training in the DC metropolitan area (I live in
> Northern
> Virginia).
>
> Really, I just need practical software training.
>
> Or, if anyone knows how best to go about gaining this skill. I have found
> that many jobs want proficiency in SPSS, but the only real way to become
> super proficient in the software is through a job. A catch-22. Also, there
> seems to be a range of meanings in terms of what "proficiency" means.
>
> Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> All my best,
>
> Katie Vizenor, MLS, MA
> Doctoral Candidate, Anthropology, University at Buffalo

Nadia Dresscher-Lambertus
Teacher & Researcher at the Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS)
University of Aruba
J.E. Irausquinplein 4, P.O. Box 5
Oranjestad, Aruba
* ndresscher at gmail.com