[Air-L] Twitter Data Sharing Update - Thou Shalt Not Share Collections of Tweets

Ulf-Dietrich Reips u.reips at ikerbasque.org
Thu May 5 08:19:40 PDT 2011

To me it seems the owners of Internet-based services go too far
sometimes in claiming rights to authors' content. To vary an old
Internet metaphor: An owner of a road should not be entitled to claim
royalties to pictures of cars that have driven over the road.

Eventually it may boil down to something like this: you may publish
collections of tweets, but they will have to be stripped from any
service-specific "marks" (e.g. hashtags).

Best --u