[Air-L] Suggestions for SPSS training

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed May 18 16:18:21 PDT 2011

I don't use SPSS (some coworkers use it regularly for Internet statistics)
but my experiences with SAS suggest there are many statistics modeling text
books that come with data disks for SPSS, SAS, MiniTab, Stata, etc. and that
reading and working through these statistics books with the software will
teach you both the software and the statistics. I would recommend
statistical literacy be your goal rather than technical software literacy.
You can set up really good programs and still be statistically wrong.

Peter Timusk B.Math statistics. BA legal studies
Legal studies of the Information Age
Vice President Computers for Communites
School work blog http://notebook.webpagex.org
Some papers www.webpagex.org