[Air-L] List Submission: Cybersex?

Stephen J Cavrak Jr Steve.Cavrak at uvm.edu
Tue May 31 07:33:42 PDT 2011

Quoting Hilary W <hilarywheaton at gmail.com>:

> I was wondering if the list's collective mind could help me with a question:
> when was cybersex (here defined as two or more individuals engaging in typed
> descriptions of physical sex acts, emotions etc) first discussed popularly
> and by whom?  ...
>
> Any thoughts, comments, epiphanies would be greatly appreciated :)
>
> --

You might want to try a Google book search for "cybersex" limited to
items between, for example, 1900 and 1995. Here's a link to a sample
earch which returned 766 results: http://goo.gl/WcOF5 [Note. Google
Book search is somewhat non-deterministic, repeated searches may
return different results.]

A Google book "ngram" search might also be fun ..
http://ngrams.googlelabs.com/

Ciao,

Steve