[Air-L] Call for papers for the 8th International Conference on Internet Law & Politics
ictlogist at ictlogy.net
Fri Nov 4 07:59:06 PDT 2011
Source of the information:
The Universitat Oberta de
University of Catalonia, UOC) Law
and Political Sciences
invite scholars, practitioners and policy makers to participate in
the *8th International Conference on Internet Law &
* (IDP 2012): Challenges and Opportunities of Online Entertainment by
submitting papers, from either legal or political science perspectives,
focusing on the following topics:
- *Online Entertainment* and its implications in fields such as, among
others, the legal framework of audiovisual communications, the liability of
intermediaries, legal aspects of videogames and online gambling, social
networking sites, behavioural advertising, privacy, data protection,
defamation, protection of minors, intellectual property, new models of
content distribution, user generated contents, illicit and harmful
contents, net neutrality, new generation networks, antitrust.
Papers may also focus on:
- Legal issues relevant to the current status and future perspectives of
the Internet, such as, among others, online privacy, data protection,
intellectual property, ISP liability, freedom of expression, cybercrime,
- Issues regarding electronic government, such as, among others, open
data, reuse of public sector information, political participation online,
e-procurement, Internet governance.
Interested participants should first submit an abstract (a 300-word
outline) of their paper by 20 December, 2011, indicating clearly its
subject and scope, and including a provisional title. There is no need to
use a template for submitting the abstract. The abstracts received will be
peer-reviewed and authors will be notified of the outcome by 10 January,
Authors of accepted abstracts will be required to send the full paper by 26
March, 2012. Full papers should not exceed 8,000 words in length, including
notes and references. For the full paper authors should use the conference
template that will be available to download from the web. The full papers
will be peer-reviewed as well. The outcome will be notified by 16 April,
2012. Final version of the paper (camera ready) should be sent by 30 April,
2012. All papers accepted will be included in the electronic proceedings of
the Conference, which will hold an ISBN number. Accepted papers may also be
selected for oral presentation at the Conference.
- *Abstract submission: please submit a 300-word outline by 20 December,
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 10 January, 2012.
- *Full paper submission: please submit the full paper by 26 March, 2012.
- Notification of full paper’s acceptance: 16 April, 2012.
- Final version (camera ready): 30 April, 2012.
Please send all submissions by electronic mail in a .DOC or .ODT document
to: uoc.idp2012 at gmail.com
More information about the Air-L