[Air-L] Recommended social media strategy and ROI readings

Steven Clift slc at publicus.net
Tue Nov 8 06:36:01 PST 2011

Please reply to: clift at e-democracy.org

I am looking for recommendations on readings on the detailed process
of developing an organization's social media strategy,  example social
media strategy development process templates, and some actual
government or non-profit strategy documents. The more tactical the
better. We've covered the tools, the glitz, the fluff, and "just
because everyone else is doing it" doesn't get you beyond slapping up
a Facebook Page that surprises you with interaction (or often no one
saying anything) and Tweeting short announcements.

Along those lines grad students in my "Social Media: Engaging
Democracy and Communities Online" course at the U of M Humphrey School
are also interested in learning more about the state of the art in
measuring ROI in terms of social media allocation of resources from
staff time to the tools used for various goals.

Any suggestions?

Steven Clift - http://stevenclift.com
  Executive Director - http://E-Democracy.Org
  Follow me - http://twitter.com/democracy