[Air-L] question re research on hostility towards women in online communities

Jim Parker drjparker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:18:52 PST 2011

This is the Village Voice Article about a Rape in Cyperspace, I have used
this in class before. I am sorry I don't have anything newer on the subject.

http://www.juliandibbell.com/texts/bungle_vv.html  There is also a
Wikipedia entry about this event.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rape_in_Cyberspace

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 9:08 AM, elham gheytanchi <elhamucla at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I was wondering if there is research about hostility/ (verbal) violence
> against women in online communities?
>
> I am particularly interested in this question "is Farsi (Persian) speaking
> online communities, such as blog sphere and Persian social media are
> hostile towards women/ female bloggers and online participants?"
>
> I would greatly appreciate any feedback. You can email me directly.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Elham Gheytanchi
> Sociology, Santa Monica College

...it's a crazy quilt reflected in a fun-house mirror! - Zippy the Pinhead