[Air-L] How to archive websites?

Szulc Lukasz Lukasz.Szulc at ua.ac.be
Thu Nov 24 06:18:45 PST 2011

Hi all,

For my PhD project I want to analyse Polish and Turkish websites for sexual and gender minorities. The problem I'm facing right now is how to archive the whole websites? Is it possible? If yes, could you recommend me any good (and preferably free) software to do so?

I also can save a web page (not the whole website) using my browser but then not all elements are saved (e.g. banners). The same is also true for creating PDF files using software like PDF creator (working as a printer). One of the option is to have a screenshots of home page and other pages I want to analyse. Do you think it will be enough? The disadvantage of this method is that if after a year I realize I want to look at some other sub-pages it won't be possible any longer.

I'd be very grateful for your help,

Best,
Lukasz

Lukasz Szulc