[Air-L] regarding mobile devices and cancer: M4D and IARC

M.B.Gaved m.b.gaved at open.ac.uk
Mon Nov 28 02:42:44 PST 2011

Regarding research on possible carcinogenic effects of mobile phone use on humans, and ethical issues as a result -

The results of the IARC working group are published in July 2011's edition of "Lancet Oncology" - it looks like they view the evidence (of mobile phone usage being carinogenic) as being inconclusive, and limited evidence being available: ".the Working Group reached the overall conclusion that these results provided only weak mechanistic evidence relevant to RF-EMF-induced cancer in humans.".

See:

Robert Baan, Yann Grosse, Béatrice Lauby-Secretan, Fatiha El Ghissassi, Véronique Bouvard, Lamia Benbrahim-Tallaa, Neela Guha, Farhad Islami, Laurent Galichet, Kurt Straif, on behalf of the WHO International Agency for Research on Cancer Monograph Working Group, Carcinogenicity of radiofrequency electromagnetic fields, The Lancet Oncology, Volume 12, Issue 7, July 2011, Pages 624-626, ISSN 1470-2045, 10.1016/S1470-2045(11)70147-4.
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1470204511701474)

Kind regards

Mark Gaved

Research Associate