[Air-L] copyediting question: capitalize www?

Jeremy hunsinger jeremy at tmttlt.com
Tue Nov 1 06:55:28 PDT 2011

As i recall, AoIR as an organization, we discussed this and decided
somewhere back around 2005 that internet wouldn't and shouldn't be
capitalized.  I think that is a done deal.   I personally don't think
world wide web should be either.  there is no 'the internet' nor is
there a unified world wide web other than abstractions, and they
aren't proper names either.  there are a plurality of networks and
internets, much like there are a plurality of webs.