[Air-L] blog photo copyrights

joana ro joanaro at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 6 10:45:45 PST 2011

Thank you so much for your helpful responses!

I work with Military Blogs, which act in a sort of gray zone between
journalism and interpersonal communication (like many digital media
types..). Because many Milbloggers considered their roles to be those of
active contributors to the public discourses about the iraq war, I do not
think that I have to restrict myself when publishing i.e. quotes from their
blogs or screen shots.

As for the pictures, I have asked the bloggers for permission now and feel
that I do need their permission, because of copyright issues.

My publisher makes the argument that it is mainly about the size of
pictures/text and how they are integrated into the text. That would make it
okay then to publish parts of pictures without permission, but not the
entire thing.