[Air-L] question re research on hostility towards women in online communities

elham gheytanchi elhamucla at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:08:09 PST 2011

Hello All:

I was wondering if there is research about hostility/ (verbal) violence against women in online communities?

I am particularly interested in this question "is Farsi (Persian) speaking online communities, such as blog sphere and Persian social media are hostile towards women/ female bloggers and online participants?"

I would greatly appreciate any feedback. You can email me directly.

Thank you,

Elham Gheytanchi
Sociology, Santa Monica College