[Air-L] blogs and confidentiality

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Sat Nov 26 09:24:04 PST 2011

I am confused, you said they weren't public when they were on a closed site.  then you said they were publicly available.  if it is closed, it isn't publicly available without permission.
On Nov 26, 2011, at 12:19 PM, C Sosnowy wrote:

> For my dissertation on personal health blogs, I will be conducting a visual content analysis of 40-50 blogs. I will then be conducting an online discussion with 10-12 bloggers on a closed site. Their identity will be protected by a username of their choice, but can I use the real URL and name of their blogs (I would tell them that I'm doing this)? I'm of the opinion that I can because they are publicly-available, but one of my more traditional advisers has doubts. Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Collette Sosnowy

Jeremy Hunsinger
Communication Studies
Wilfrid Laurier University
Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Virginia Tech

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
-Jules de Gaultier

() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments