[Air-L] How to archive websites?

Maurice Vergeer m.vergeer at maw.ru.nl
Thu Nov 24 22:39:38 PST 2011

To archive websites, you can try Httrack (free), or paid for software
such as Offline Explorer or Teleport pro / ultra.
Easy to find on the Web, and check them out for your specific needs.
Another option is Zotero for advanced screencapturing and annotation.
Hope that helps

Maurice Vergeer

> ------------------------------
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:18:45 +0000
> From: Szulc Lukasz <Lukasz.Szulc at ua.ac.be>
> To: "air-l at listserv.aoir.org" <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>
> Subject: [Air-L] How to archive websites?
>
> Hi all,
>
> For my PhD project I want to analyse Polish and Turkish websites for sexual and gender minorities. The problem I'm facing right now is how to archive the whole websites? Is it possible? If yes, could you recommend me any good (and preferably free) software to do so?
>
> I also can save a web page (not the whole website) using my browser but then not all elements are saved (e.g. banners). The same is also true for creating PDF files using software like PDF creator (working as a printer). One of the option is to have a screenshots of home page and other pages I want to analyse. Do you think it will be enough? The disadvantage of this method is that if after a year I realize I want to look at some other sub-pages it won't be possible any longer.
>
> I'd be very grateful for your help,
>
> Best,
> Lukasz
>
> Lukasz Szulc
> PhD Candidate
> University of Antwerp
> Department of Communication Studies
> www.ua.ac.be/lukasz.szulc
>

> ------------------------------
Maurice Vergeer
Department of communication, Radboud University  (www.ru.nl)
PO Box 9104, NL-6500 HE Nijmegen, The Netherlands

Visiting Professor Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, South Korea

Recent publications:
-Vergeer, M. Lim, Y.S. Park, H.W. (2011). Mediated Relations: New
Methods to study Online Social Capital. Asian Journal of
Communication, 21(5), 430-449.
-Vergeer, M., Hermans, L., & Sams, S. (forthcoming). Online social
networks and micro-blogging in political campaigning: The exploration
of a new campaign tool and a new campaign style. Party Politics.
-Pleijter, A., Hermans, L. & Vergeer, M. (forthcoming). Journalists
and journalism in the Netherlands. In D. Weaver & L. Willnat, The
Global Journalist in the 21st Century. London: Routledge.
-Vergeer, M., Eisinga, R. & Franses, Ph.H. (forthcoming). Supply and
demand effects in television viewing. A time series analysis.
Communications - The European Journal of Communication Research.

Webspace
www.mauricevergeer.nl
http://blog.mauricevergeer.nl/
www.journalisteninhetdigitaletijdperk.nl