[Air-L] Invitation to participate in a survey from Daria Heinemann

Daria S Heinemann ec9145 at wayne.edu
Sat Oct 15 15:47:59 PDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

I am conducting a study about instructor opinions of student cheating behavior in higher education. I have developed an online survey that involves looking at your perceptions, as an instructor, regarding the nature and frequency of cheating behaviors as well as the reasons you think students engage in these behaviors in both online and face-to-face classrooms. It is my hope that this study will enhance our understanding of student misbehavior issues and help course designers tailor course content to reduce the opportunities for cheating.

In order to participate, you must have experience teaching in a higher education institution (have taught at least one course in the past and posted final grades), and must have taught at least one course at such an institution since August 2010. First time instructors are excluded from this study. If you fit the criteria, I would like to ask for your participation by taking the survey that you will find at this link [ (Link to the Survey ]. This study is entirely voluntary, so you may withdraw at any time. Your responses will be kept confidential. There is no compensation for your participation. Typical time commitment is about 15-20 minutes (there are 32 questions to answer). If you have colleagues who may be interested in taking this survey, please share this link with them.

If you have any questions, please contact me at ec9145 at wayne.edu or via phone at 517-381-2242.

I appreciate your help and thank you in advance for your time and your participation,

Daria S. Heinemann

(Link to the Survey or to cut and paste: https://qtrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9R04eAQfIDCUu0I)