[Air-L] archival/search tools for Sina and Weibo?

Aaron S. Veenstra aaron at etchouse.com
Sat Oct 1 21:12:20 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a student who is interested in studying how Chinese microblogs
compared to traditional media outlets in covering the July 23 train
accident in Wenzhou. She's been looking at Sina and Weibo, and having
trouble getting any kind of helpful search results -- the best she's
been able to do is trace back individual users who were know to have
posted about it from the present back to late July. I've used Twapper
Keeper to get a targeted archive of old tweets, and I'm wondering if
anybody knows of any similar third-party tools for Sina and/or Weibo.
Anything that would allow for a keyword/date search would be perfect.

TIA,

Aaron

--
Aaron S. Veenstra
Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University Carbondale